Welcome to Kids at The Creek, SCPC’s Children’s Ministry.
Here you will find all of the information you need regarding the children’s ministry at SCPC. Make sure to check us out on facebook (@kidsatthecreek) too.
Planning to come for a visit?
We are so excited to see you! Click here to fill out the registration form before you arrive. We want you to know that we understand that it’s not easy leaving your children in the care of others. That’s why we take our responsibility with your children very seriously to ensure that all our children are safe, secure, and well cared for. You can see out Children and Youth Protection Policy here.
Children are one of our highest priorities at SCPC.
Each week we strive to create an environment that is safe and fun, where children can learn, play, and grow in their faith. We strive to share the message that “God loves you!” as we sing, play games, do activities and crafts designed specially for our kids.
But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”Luke 18:17
Nursery ( infants – 2 years old)
Available during out 9 & 11 am worship services and our 10 am Kids’ Sunday Club hour. We know how important your little one is to you and how important their care is. Please let us know anyway we can make their care special just for them. Pagers are available for parents in the case our nursery staff needs to contact your during the service.
Preschool ( 3 years old – preK)
Currently available during our 9 am worship service. At this age our kids are learning and absorbing so much and we want to make sure we help you help them grow in God’s Word. Preschool is combined with nursery during the 10 & 11 am hour.
Elementary (Kindergarten – 5th grade)
At 9 & 11 am, after a few worship songs in our sanctuary, kids are invited to join us downstairs for a service designed just for them, which includes a lesson, games, videos and other kid friendly activities. Kids learn by being engaged in all the activities and the lesson.
Kids’ Sunday Club, our 10 am class, is divided K-2nd and 3rd – 5th, which allows our kids time for small group with their peers, engaging in more activities and Bible centered lessons.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Sunday, September 1st 9 & 11 am, Blessing of the Backpacks
- Thursday, October 31st 5 pm, join us in Fiddlers Ridge (woodlake neighborhood) for some great trick or treating and SCPC will be serving cotton candy at one of the homes.
- Saturday, November 2nd, 11 am – tentative preschool and young elementary event – more details to come
- Sunday, December 1st 12:30 – 5 pm Reverse Lock In for kindergarten – 5th graders, cost is $15 – there will be pizza, games, snacks, movies and lots of fun.
- Sunday December 29th, 9 & 11 am, PJs & Pancakes Sunday – wear your PJs to church and have breakfast here.