Swift Creek Presbyterian Church is looking for Two Summer Interns to work with our Children’s or Student’s Ministries. The internship runs from May to August (specific dates to be determined). The Interns will have a well-rounded experience in both their ministry setting and Church Culture throughout the summer.
To have completed their freshman year of college by the time the internship starts.
Ideally, applicants will be feeling a calling toward ministry or are very interested in learning more about ministry with Children and Students.
Children’s Ministry Internship Job Description
Swift Creek Presbyterian Church
5900 Woolridge Road
Moseley, VA 23120
Start Date: May (actual date to be discussed with intern)
End Date: August (actual date to be discussed with intern)
Duration: 10 weeks
- The objective for the intern will be to serve, lead, teach and build relationships with the children of the Children’s Ministry of Swift Creek Presbyterian Church. The intern will have a well-rounded, “hands on” experience in all areas of children’s ministry.
- Spirituality: The intern should not only see themselves as spiritual mentors and leaders for children, but as living examples for what a Christian life should be. The intern will be expected to demonstrate the highest level of integrity at all times, whether “on the clock” as an employee or not.
- Education: All applicants should have completed their freshman year in college by the start of the internship.
- Transportation: All applicants should be able to have their own transportation to and from Swift Creek Presbyterian Church.
- Housing: Housing is not provided as part of this internship. You will need to have local housing for the summer to stay at.
- Calling: Ideally, applicants are feeling called into ministry or are interested in learning more about working in ministry.
- The intern shall work under the direct supervision of the Children’s Director throughout the duration of the internship.
- The intern will function as and be treated as a full-time staff member of Swift Creek Presbyterian Church. The intern should remember that they are representing both God and Swift Creek Presbyterian Church at all times.
- To attend the weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of Sunday morning activities.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of Vacation Bible school. (7/9-7/12)
- To lead day camp on August 12th – 16th (to be discussed further).
- To be a part of the planning and executing of other children’s activities throughout the summer.
- To attend the Leadership Summit on Aug. 8 & 9.
Job Time and Compensation:
- Office hours will be flexible for the intern. This is a roughly 30 hour a week position but that will vary based on events. Some weeks will be packed while others will not.
- Sundays are considered a work day, and may be taken off only with previous permission.
- The compensation for the summer will be $1,500.00.
If interested, please send your application, resume and three references to Wendy Hicks at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be taking resumes until Sunday, March 31st, 2019.
Please note that this is not a complete and comprehensive list of all responsibilities of the intern. This is to serve as a brief example of the expectations regarding our summer internship program.