Swift Creek Presbyterian Church is looking for Two Summer Interns to work with our Children’s or Student’s Ministries. The internship runs from May to August (specific dates to be determined). The Interns will have a well-rounded experience in both their ministry setting and Church Culture throughout the summer.
To have completed their freshman year of college by the time the internship starts.
Ideally, applicants will be feeling a calling toward ministry or are very interested in learning more about ministry with Children and Students.
If interested, please submit your resume to Kevin Kyle: Kevin.email@example.com by Sunday, March 31, 2019
Internship Job Description
Swift Creek Presbyterian Church
5900 Woolridge Road
Moseley, VA 23120
Start/End Date: May – August (Specific dates determined by Intern/ Church Schedule
Duration: 11 weeks
- The objective for the Students Ministry Intern will be to serve, lead, teach and build relationships with the Students of Swift Creek Presbyterian Church. They will have a well-rounded, “hands on” experience in all areas of Student’s ministry, as well as Church Culture and Organization.
- Spirituality: The intern should see themselves as potential spiritual mentors and leaders for the Students; striving to be a living example for following Christ. They will demonstrate the highest level of integrity at all times, on the job and in their personal life.
- Education: All applicants should have completed their freshman year in college by the start of the internship.
- Transportation: Applicants should be able to have their own transportation to and from Swift Creek Presbyterian Church.
- Housing: Housing is not provided as part of this internship. Applicants will need to have local housing for the summer to stay at.
- Calling: Applicants are either sensing a call to ministry, or are interested in learning more about working in ministry.
- The intern shall work under the direct supervision of the Student Director throughout the duration of the internship.
- They will function and be treated as a full-time staff member of Swift Creek Presbyterian Church; representing both God and Swift Creek Presbyterian Church at all times.
- To attend the weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- To be a part of the planning and executing Sunday morning and Sunday evening activities.
- To be a part of planning and attending the youth mission trip.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of Vacation Bible school. (7/8-7/12)
- To be a part of the planning and executing of other youth activities throughout the summer.
- To lead SCPC Students alongside leaders (7/29- 8/12)
- To attend the Leadership Summit on Aug. 9 & 10.
- To assist in other duties as required by the Student Director/ Staff of SCPC.
Job Time and Compensation:
- Office hours will be flexible for the intern. This is a roughly 30 hour a week position but that will vary based on events. Some weeks will be packed while others will not.
- Sundays are considered a work day, and may be taken off only with previous permission.
- The compensation for the summer will be $1,500.00.