Youth Ministry Internship Job Description
Swift Creek Presbyterian Church
5900 Woolridge Road
Moseley, VA 23120
Start Date: May 17th
End Date: August 7th
Duration: 12 weeks including 1 week of approved vacation
- The objective for the intern will be to serve, lead, teach, mentor, and build relationships with the youth of the Swift Creek Presbyterian Church Student Ministry of. The intern will have a well-rounded, “hands on” experience in all areas of youth ministry.
- Spirituality: The intern should not only see themselves as spiritual mentors and leaders for children and youth, but as living examples for what a Christian life should be. The intern will be expected to demonstrate the highest level of integrity at all times, whether “on the clock” as an employee or not.
- Education: All applicants should have completed their freshman year in college by the start of the internship.
- Transportation: All applicants should be able to have their own transportation to and from Swift Creek Presbyterian Church, so they must live the Greater Richmond area.
- Housing: Housing is not provided as part of this internship. You will need to have local housing for the summer to stay at.
- Calling: Ideally, applicants are feeling called into ministry or are interested in learning more about working in ministry.
- The intern shall work under the direct supervision of the Youth Director throughout the duration of the internship.
- The intern will function as and be treated as a full-time staff member of Swift Creek Presbyterian Church. The intern should remember that they are representing both God and Swift Creek Presbyterian Church at all times.
- To attend the weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of Sunday morning activities.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of Sunday night youth group activities.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of the Youth Mission Trip, June 21–25.
- To be a part of the planning and executing of other youth activities throughout the summer.
- To be part of the execution of RockFISH on May 21-23.
- To attend the Leadership Summit on August 5 & 6.
Job Time and Compensation:
- Office hours will be flexible for the intern. This is a 30 hour a week position.
- Sundays are considered a work day, and may be taken off only with previous permission.
- The compensation for the summer will be $2,000.00.
If interested, please send your resume with three references to Marina Ghaly at: email@example.com. We will be taking resumes until Sunday, April 3rd, 2021.
Please note that this is not a complete and comprehensive list of all responsibilities of the intern. This is to serve as a brief example of the expectations regarding our summer internship program.