We are …
- A fellowship that cares deeply for those in our immediate neighborhoods who have not yet heard the life-changing news of the gospel of grace in terms that they can understand and respond to.
- A place that is a launching pad, equipping people and helping them identify their passion and find their place of service in the world as followers of Christ.
- A fellowship that understands the power of collaboration and networking, and is willing to partner with others who claim the Lordship of Jesus for the greater good of God’s kingdom throughout the world.
- A fellowship of people that builds bridges, not walls, in a disinterested and hurting world.
At Swift Creek, we both give and serve generously. A substantial portion of our annual operating budget is designated toward our local and global mission partners and missionaries. And we provide a multitude of local and international serving opportunities for both members and non-members.
Local and Regional Missions
Recognizing that many in our own backyard are suffering from the strains of poverty and brokenness, we provide financial support and serve many in our local and regional communities. We are active with several feeding programs, where we not only prepare and deliver meals for them but also grow food for them in our very own Grace Garden! In addition to feeding programs, we come alongside of our partners who provide Christian counseling, substance abuse support, resources for expectant mothers, hope for prisoners, and services for youth and children. And our youth and adults come together on regional mission trips to tend to Jesus’ sheep.
Did You Know….?
- If you compressed the population of the world into a village of 100 people maintaining the proportion of the people currently living on earth there would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 Americans (including South and Central America) and 8 Africans.
- There would be 30 Christians and 70 non-Christians
- 80 would live in poverty, 70 would be illiterate, 50 would suffer from hunger and malnutrition and only one would own a computer
- If you can worship without fear of reprisal then you are luckier than 3 billion people
- If you have never been subjected to war, prison, torture, or starvation you are better off than 500 million people
At Swift Creek, we feel that we have a responsibility and calling to not only minister to those in the U.S. but also to those overseas. In the past several years, we have sent short-term mission teams to Guatemala and Haiti. We’ve conducted vacation Bible schools for the local children there, built homes for the poorest in the regions, installed water filters and stoves, and spread the love of Christ. And for those not able to travel with the mission teams, we have events at the church where the fruits of our labor reach underprivileged children in various parts of the world. Finally, we ensure that a significant part of our financial support reaches missionaries and global partners.
Please contact our church office if you are interested in participating in any of our local or international mission programs/trips.