We will resume in-person worship Sunday June 7th, with a modified schedule to allow for sufficient spacing between households. Accordingly, we need you to register for the service your household plans to attend. The 9:00 and 10:15 services will be contemporary, and the 11:30 service will be traditional.
Please register by clicking the corresponding link below. If a service reaches registration capacity, you will receive a message that states “form limit reached” after clicking on the link, and will need to choose a different time.
Listed below are in-person worship expectations and detailed instructions on the steps being taken to provide a safe and sanitary environment and we will be posting a video later this week so you can see our setup.
These days, anytime we venture outside our homes or have something delivered to them, it is a risk. I’m sure this goes without saying, but it is impossible to guarantee with 100% certainty that no one carrying the virus will be among us. Online worship will be streamed at 10:15 and 11:30 if you are uncomfortable meeting in-person.
Please continue to pray for our church, and the world. The Bible ends with these words: “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.” Praise the Lord!
In Person Worship Expectations:
- Please do not attend any on-campus gathering if you are sick or have recently been sick.
- We ask that you register you and your family for the service you plan to attend weekly.
- We will have one entrance through our Narthex doors.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before each service. We ask that you proceed directly to your seat in order to avoid crowding in the lobby.
- The use of facemasks/face coverings are strongly encouraged unless there are mitigating health or personal circumstances. Face coverings may be removed to participate in a religious ritual. Virginia Executive Order #63 Section A Line #6.
- Please greet each other verbally (avoid handshakes, hugs, and high-fives during this time to show one another honor).
- Our seating is set up for adequate social distancing.
- Offering plates will not be passed. Contributions can be made in offering plates near entry & exit doors, or at any time online.
- Our services will be approximately 45 minutes and will start and end on time.
- After the service, we ask that you exit the building promptly. No gathering will be allowed in the building and please do not stop along the sidewalk to allow for the sanctuary to emptied quickly for cleaning.
What church looks like now?
For kids – Help to understand personal space and masks.
Detailed In-Person Worship Instructions
- Ushers and Greeters are to use appropriate social distancing at all times. Noncontact greetings are to be used only. It is strongly recommended to wear face coverings or protective masks at all times.
- There is a designated one-way traffic flow to facilitate social distancing. Entry is through the Narthex doors only.
- The Narthex doors are to be propped open until the service begins to prevent members from touching door handles.
- Sanitizing stations will be located at the Narthex entrance and Commons exit. Mask will also be available at the entrance.
- The Commons Doors will be locked during entry procedures. The large whiteboard from the small Sunday school room will be posted outside them pointing worshipers to enter through the narthex doors and displaying all government mandated signage.
- The sidewalks leading to the Narthex will be marked off every six feet to promote appropriate physical distancing between households.
Seating and Worship Procedures:
- Two ushers will escort family to their seats. Fill the room from the front of the worship room to the back, which avoids people passing one another. The seats have been marked for six-foot increments for physical distancing. Note: this means it is highly likely people will not be sitting in their “regular” spots. If that is requested, please explain we are filling from front to back for safety reasons.
- Only family members can sit together.
- Children will remain with their parents during the service. There will be no children’s worship. Worship bags for the children will be available for pickup at the narthex doors (these are not passed out, but rather the family picks them up).
- Offering will not be collected during the service, however offering plates will be located in the Narthex and Commons areas for giving. Members have been encouraged to continue with online giving during this time.
- There will be no bulletins to distribute. All Bibles and hymnals have been removed from the seats.
- All attendees will exit through the drum pod side worship room door and continue through the Commons side doors. (Doors will be propped open after the service concludes).
- Ushers will assist with the release of each household starting from left side of the worship room. Allow enough time between each family unit so that physical distancing of 6 ft. can be maintained.
- There will be no social gathering permitted inside the Commons area.
- Sanitizing station will be located at the exit doors.
- Ushers and volunteers will assist with the cleaning and disinfection of the contacted surfaces after the services. Cleaning caddies are located in the Narthex. Gloves and spray disinfectant will be provided. All chairs will be sprayed as well as doors after each service.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned before and after each service, but we would request you try and limit use of bathrooms unless an emergency arises.